âWe are not here merely to make a
living. We are here to enrich the world.â
â¼ Woodrow Wilson
10 Tips for a Healthier Life
By Claudia Jones
- Buy a juicer and drink a freshly prepared vegetable juice every morning – 500ml is ideal
- Include a good quality probiotic supplement into your daily diet or prepare some homemadeÂ probioticÂ foods such asÂ kefirÂ to maintain a healthy level of beneficial bacteria in the colon.
- Eat homemade cultured vegetables (kimchi) with your meals. The digestive enzymes assist digestion
- Increase your intake of alkalizing foods (fresh fruits and vegetables), they should far outweigh the amount of protein or starch on your plate
- Eat fresh, organic foods in their whole form and avoid all processed and refined foods.
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol and caffeine
- Increase digestive efficiency byÂ food combiningÂ your meals 80% of the time
- Never overeat, even the healthiest diet can become toxic when you eat too much
- Make some time for activity during your day. Try to fit in a yoga practice a few times per week, even if its only 5 sun salutations and savasana
- Use the Ujjayi breath regularly. It can be used any time of day or night to keep you calm and balanced in body and mind. Take a few minutes per day forÂ breathing practices.
- Be happy!
« Back to Health Related Articles