Omega 3, CoEnzyme Q10 and Probiotics
By Dr. Mercola
First of all, remember these are not only my recommendations, but nearly all are supplements I take on a daily basis to help give my health a boost as well.
Here are my top supplement recommendations - the ones I feel can best complement your smart diet and help optimize your health:
- Krill Oil
More on pricing and your amazing savings later on, but for now, you must be curious about why I personally chose these supplements. After all, you know I'm opposed to taking supplements that don't truly complement your healthy diet.
Well, there's no better place to start than at the top...
Why Krill is King
When I first learned about this pure marine oil, I was extremely impressed with its many benefits and the solid research behind its unique combination of antioxidants and omega-3 ingredients*.
I've believed for quite some time that the best one-two punch to improve your overall health is*:
- Increasing your intake of antioxidants
- Increasing your intake of omega-3 fatty acids
New and Improved Krill Oil comes jam-packed with antioxidant power - including the antioxidant vitamins A and E, plus astaxanthin and canthaxanthin.
Astaxanthin is a natural carotenoid-type antioxidant even more powerful than beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, lycopene, and lutein.
New and Improved Krill Oil is king of my supplement formula - packed with antioxidant power and omega-3 fatty acids.
New and Improved Krill Oil carries omega-3s in the form of phospholipids - liposomes or little packages that deliver fatty acids directly to your body's cells.*
Scientific evidence to date has shown that the safest and most effective carriers of EPA and DHA (two essential omega-3 fats) are these phospholipids.*
Unfortunately, inferior fish oil and krill oil brands lack this phospholipid complex. Instead they contain omega-3 fatty acids in the less-beneficial form of free triglycerides.
Here are all the potential ways that krill oil can help you by:
- Promoting your healthy heart*
- Supporting your concentration, memory, and learning*
- Helping you maintain blood sugar levels within the normal range*
- Promoting healthy joints, with an increase in your joint comfort*
- Helping you neutralize the normal signs of aging*
- Supporting your nervous system function and development*
- Protecting your cell membranes*
- Helping you maintain normal cholesterol levels*
- Promoting your healthy liver function*
- Providing you relief of normal PMS symptoms*
- Bolstering your immune system*
- Providing healthy mood support*
- Boosting your skin health*
I truly believe today's diets lack adequate antioxidant nutrients. And many traditional food sources for omega-3s (certain fish and salmon) are not necessarily free of contamination by mercury, PCBs, and other toxins.
So, that's why New and Improved Krill Oil is king on my supplement list and why I take it on a daily basis.
Of course, if you're a female, you'll probably benefit more from Krill for Women with Evening Primrose Oil - because it was formulated especially for your optimal female health.*
Exclusively for Women
The evening primrose lends some of its beauty to women in the form of oil from its seeds... rich in an essential fatty acid profile of 65% linoleic acid and 8-10% gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
Krill Oil with Evening Primrose Oil for Women
GLA supports the normal function and growth of cells, nerves, muscles and organs throughout your body - including skin and hair growth, bone health, metabolic control, and reproductive health - making it particularly valuable for women.*
Of the few available sources of GLAs, evening primrose oil (EPO) seems to deliver the best results, and is thought to support your female health and vitality in many ways*:
- May relieve normal symptoms of PMS*
- May reduce breast tenderness*
- Provides support for your healthy mood*
- Supports healthy skin and hair*
- Encourages optimal metabolic levels*
- Supports healthy blood pressure levels*
- Enhances calcium absorption, leading to strong bones*
That's why I recommend Krill for Women with EPO as an excellent way for women to get the antioxidant power of Krill, along with GLA and useful, quality omega-6s.*
Next up on my top supplement formula list is...
Ubiquitous Ubiquinol... Everywhere in Your Life
A supplement I only began taking recently is now near the top of my list.
See, I believe one of the key elements in the aging process is free radical production. These free radicals are oxygen atoms deficient in electrons that become highly reactive. The reactions in turn cause potential damage to your tissues and DNA.
Ubiquinol Enhanced Bioactivity CoQ10
Mercola Premium Select Ubiquinol is high on my list of supplements I take as part of my daily regimen.
If there was something you could do to limit free radical production, then you could potentially affect the aging process.*
One nutrient that can help you do just that is Co Q10.*
The problem is your body requires the reduced form of Co Q10 (ubiquinol) to help you limit free radical production. And as you age, your body becomes more and more challenged to convert the oxidized Co Q10 to ubiquinol.
Another very important reason for using a Co Q10 supplement is to help boost your body's cellular energy production.*
Co Q10 helps facilitate the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the energy "currency" for all your cells.* But if you're over 25, you need the reduced form of Co Q10, ubiquinol, to efficiently do this.
So even if you do your best to eat wholesome unprocessed foods, your body's capability to produce Co Q10 and convert it to ubiquinol declines over time.*
The good news is with the Mercola Premium Select Ubiquinol supplement, you now can have the ubiquinol formula direct... the active form of the Co Q10 nutrient that I take on a daily basis*.
Your added benefits from the ubiquinol formula can be significant, as you:
- Potentially absorb more Co Q10 - as shown in studies by enhanced blood plasma levels*
- Become less dependent on your body to convert Co Q10 to ubiquinol... In the plasma of healthy humans, more than 90% of Co Q10 exists in the reduced form (ubiquinol)*
- Absorb Co Q10 that's already in the active state your body needs*
- Receive the reduced (unoxidized) form of Co Q10 for added cellular energy*
- Get a strong first stage defense against oxygen free radicals to help you reduce the typical signs of aging - and optimize your health*
So, no doubt you understand now why ubiquinol is right up at the top of my personal daily supplement formula.
Now let me show you...
How a Healthy Gut Can Help YOU Enhance Your Overall Health*
I've often heard people say that "death begins in the colon." I disagree. On the contrary, it's my firm belief life is promoted and enhanced in the colon* - if you know what you're doing.
Maintaining great intestinal health is akin to maintaining your great overall health.*
And that's why my #3 supplement is a formula that helps you promote your intestinal health - Complete Probiotics.
You may not realize that...
- About 80% of your immune system lives in your gastrointestinal tract.
- 500 different species of bacteria live inside you.
- About one hundred trillion bacteria live inside you - more than TEN TIMES the number of cells you have in your whole body.
- The weight of these bacteria is about 2-3 pounds.
- Some of these bacteria are referred to as "good", but others do not provide any benefit. The ideal balance between them is 85% good, 15% "other".
This ratio between the "good" bacteria and the other bacteria becomes one of the critical factors determining your optimal health.*
Complete Probiotics contains the same strain of bacteria I've seen work with so many of my clinical patients. Plus, it adds many other highly beneficial strains to become a virtual powerhouse of beneficial organisms.*
Complete Probiotics helps guard the health of your entire digestive tract.* That's one of many reasons it's part of my personal supplement formula.
This remarkable formulation brings together two of the most well known probiotics - Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium - species known to work together to maintain a balance of "good" bacteria along your digestive tract.*
Unlike other probiotics you may have seen, each and every jam-packed capsule of Complete Probiotics brings you:
- Bifidobacterium lactis: a friendly bacteria often found in yogurt that is known to help stimulate immune responses.*
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: guards the health of your entire digestive tract.*
- Bifidobacterium longum: keeps your digestive system running smoothly, and helps enhance your immune system.*
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: helps promote a healthy balance of flora in your intestine.* What's more, this organism is especially helpful for enhancing immune response.*
- Lactobacillus casei: works with other helpful organisms, and helps to encourage the growth of other "good" bacteria.*
- Lactobacillus plantarum: helps to ensure that the nutrients in vitamins and supplements are getting to your cells.*
Add to this a friendly trio of good bacteria blended in the proprietary Kyo-Dophilus® blend. These specially-cultured organisms are at home in your digestive tract, able to survive hostile stomach acid and settle right in to begin promoting your healthy intestinal function.*
Now you see why this concentrated probiotic supplement, Complete Probiotics, is part of my daily formula - and why I never leave without it when traveling.