Host a Yoga / Fitness / Wellness Retreat in Thailand
Samahita Retreat is a lifestyle center for yoga, detox and fitness located on the tropical island of Samui in the Gulf of Thailand. Samahita Retreat has been a pioneer in healthy programming for the body, breath and mind for almost 15 years. Known as one of the most authentic yoga teaching locations worldwide. Formerly known as âYoga Thailandâ our lifestyle retreat center features a variety of guest room options for up to 60 guests, Wi-Fi across the property, 4 dedicated yoga shalas, an indoor cycle studio at the beach, an open air fitness and barre sea view loft, a detox and wellness center, eco-lifestyle boutique, juice and coffee bar, drinking water stations, and our celebrated buffetâstyle health food restaurant, Sattva Dining. We provide a setting with infrastructure, a dedicated environment, a support structure through diet and relaxation, so you can support your students transformation, growth. By this very nature we are not a 5-star resort but a dedicated lifestyle-oriented retreat center. We want every guest to âExperience the Connection,â which is possible with the right support and environment.
- The Thai Experience Experience the natural beauty of Thailand, along with Thai culture, Thai massage, Thai food and that winning Thai smile.
- The Retreat Experience We have many years of experience in hosting retreats and offer a professional approach with dedicated facilities to support growth, learning and relaxation in a retreat setting.
- Location We are right on the beach in the southern part of Koh Samui. Easy to access with an airport on the island
- Cost Our packages are all inclusive and at very competitive rates compared to retreat settings closer to the US or Europe
- Beautiful Setting Beachfront location with saltwater pool, our center provides peace, quiet and nature.
- Delicious Food Our guests rave about our buffet food. Itâs fresh, tasty and prepared daily with care. There is something for everyone with all dietary requirements taken on board.
- Excursions We offer our guests three complimentary excursions per week including a boat and snorkelling trip to nearby island and transfers to the local night markets for shopping. Many other excursions can be added on.
- Wellness & Spa Services Take advantage of our excellent wellness center that offers detox programs and wonderful spa services and treatments.
- Fitness Facilities New in 2016 we now have a dedicated fitness shala including cycle room with sea-facing mirrored open area upstairs.
Main Shala: 9m x 18m Max 76 mats facing seaBeach Shala: 7m x 9m Comfortably fits 36 (3 rows of 12) Max 45 (3 rows of 15) Beach Cabana: 3.5m x 7m Comfortably fits 12 (3 rows of 4) Fitness Loft 5.2m x 10.8m (Height 2.2m) Comfortably fits 25 (5 rows of 5)
Retreat Facilities & Services:
- Dedicated indoor yoga shala
- Beachfront open air shala with roof
- Fitness Center with state of the art Schwinn fixed cycle bikes & fitness equipment including TRX, Ballet barres, Bosu & Uggi
- Meditation garden
- Beachfront saltwater swimming pool
- Poolside herbal steam room
- Beachside lounge
- Healthy brunch & dinner buffets
- Holistic wellness & detox center
- All natural juice & snack bar
- Mineral drinking water
- Wi-Fi, CD & iPod connectivity
- Complimentary guest computer station
- Kids club & playground
- Eco-friendly laundry service
- Eco-lifestyle boutique
- Stand up paddle board & bike rental
Wellness & Detox Facilities:
- Professional wellness team including nutrition specialists, highly trained therapists & nurses
- Expert visiting practitioners
- Water irrigation therapy facilities
- Comfortable treatment rooms for therapies, bodywork, massage & beachfront shala
- Far infrared sauna
- Wellness library
- A variety of natural health products available for purchase
Additional Services Available:
- Private yoga instruction
- Personal fitness training
- private balcony
- air conditioning
- queensize bed
- ceiling fan
- ipod ready alarm clock
- writing desk
- hot water kettle
- wifiÂ internet access
- hair dryer
- personal locker drawer suitable for laptops and other personal effects
- 100% natural non bleach cotton sheets and towels
Please note that there are no phones or televisions in our guest accommodations except for Deluxe Suite. Q : Do you have wellness or spa services? A : Yes, we have a full onsite wellness center with add-on detox programs and spa therapies available for your guests. Please see here for more info: http://www.samahitaretreat.com/wellness-center.html Q : What other facilities do you have? A : Please see here for our full list of facilities: http://www.samahitaretreat.com/wellness-center.html Q : Can guests bring children? A : We are family friendly, and children are welcome. We only ask that you help us maintain the serenity of our center, particularly at practice times, early in the morning and in the evenings. The retreat is generally quiet after dinner 8.30-9pm and conducive to rest. Children age 12 and under can stay free with one paid adult. If you are bringing a child, you must pay for a single room. Children from 13 to 17 pay half, and those 18 and above must pay full adult rate. Please email reservations for rates. Q : Do you have a babysitting service? A : Yes, usually one of our staff members can babysit in their free time, though we cannot guarantee that they will speak English. We have our dedicated kidâs center to accommodate kidâs needs. Please read our Guidelines for bringing children to Samahita Retreat.http://www.samahitaretreat.com/children-yoga.html Q : Can I smoke or have alcoholic beverages in my room? A : No. We are a place of health and wellbeing. We are a smoke and alcohol-free place. Q : Do you have Internet service? Can guests bring their laptops? A : Yes, we have WiFi throughout the property. We also have a few computers for you to use if you donât want to bring your laptop. Q : What VAT or service charges should I expect to pay while I am in Thailand? A : There is a VAT charge of 7% on items you buy from a shop, as well as on taxis and massages. At Samahita Retreat the VAT and service on your accommodation is included in your booking rate. We have a staff tip box at reception for you or and your guests to leave a gratuity if you like. This gesture is usually made when checking out, 250 baht a week is usually appropriate. Q : Do you accept credit cards? A : Yes, we accept Visa and Mastercard at the center for any additional bill items. Retreat payments must be settled in full before arrival.
Q : What can guests do outside of class times? A : Relax by the pool or at the beach! In addition..
- Paddleboarding (we have 3 complimentary boards)
- Temple walks
- Onsite massage or spa therapies
- Scooter or bike hire
- Complimentary excursions â boat and snorkeling trip, night markets
- Additional excursions around the island â waterfalls, shopping etc
Fill in your details and we will get back to you with rates and availability.