How to Prepare for Our Weight Loss Program
Healthy Weight Program Contra-Indications
The following people should not undertake a long weight loss programΒ (over 5 days):
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Persons awaiting or recovering from major surgery
- Persons with advanced chronic infections
- Persons with advanced cancer, severe kidney or liver disease
- Persons suffering from mental illness, including schizophrenia and severe depression
The following can do a Healthy Weight Program but special care needs to be given:
- Persons on prescription medication or on steroids
- Habitual users of “social” drugs (alcohol, tobacco, recreational drugs) or pain killers
- Growing children.
- Persons over 65 years of age. Special care should be taken, considering carefully the level of health
Samahita Retreat Wellness does not claim to be a medical faculty and advises that the health of the individual is their own responsibility. It is important to seek medical advice regarding any health concerns before participating in a Healthy Weight Program.
Preparation Before Healthy Weight Loss Program
From a dietary perspective, it is best to restrict the following for at least 7 days prior to your Healthy Weight Loss Program:
- White sugar
- White flour
- Red meat and other animal protein
- Fried foods
- Processed foods
- Table salt
And to increase your intake of these foods:
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables
- Fresh fruit juices
- Fresh vegetable juices
- Whole grains
- Nuts and seeds
- Water (at least two liters per day)
Try to see the dietary changes as steps on your way to a healthier, happier lifestyle.
We look forward to you joining us here for your Healthy Weight Loss Program.